Final Audio Story.

This is my final draft audio story.

For this audio project my inspiration was my Paleo lifestyle, which is a strict way of eating that not a lot of people agree with. All of the audio that I used in my first draft was recorded by me, however I revised the post and added two new ambient sounds. I do not own those, so I do not own all the sounds in this audio.

I downloaded them from a site where sounds can be downloaded for free. I will include the link below. The significance of this audio was to talk a little bit about Paleo, make a statement, and then receive feedback from who I wanted opinions from. In order to make this project I made three separate recordings in my first draft. For my final I added an intro and a way to end the responses, and I also added an additional recording of my voice to introduce the next speaker, which I think is very significant. In audition I edited them to sound like they went together in order. I even had to work with the volumes to make sure one of the recordings was not way quieter than the others. I did this for both the original draft and the final draft.

I feel like this project relates to my topic very well because throughout this semester I have been incorporating my paleo lifestyle in all of my projects. This audio sends the message about Paleo being healthy, and that is what I have been trying to convey in my projects.

To create the elements in my project, the first step was to record the opinions of the two people I chose to offer feedback. The following steps were to put the recordings together, and make them sound as put together as I could. For my final draft I added in the ambient sounds and the additional recording to enhance the audio. In audition I used the razor tool to cut the ends of the recordings so that there was no empty space between each response. Because of the razor blade tool, it sounded as if each recording came right after each other. This tool was helpful in making the final draft as well.

One challenge I encountered when using adobe was that one of my recordings was way quieter than the others so I had to figure out how to move the volumes to match each other, and then I had to make a new file with the updated recording with the right volumes. This issue occurred with my rough draft and my final draft, however it was much easier to fix the problem the second time around.

 I had ownership of all the recordings in my first draft.

Second draft: https://www.playonloop.com/royalty-free-music/ambience-and-field-recording/

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s